Getting your wisdom teeth removed is a fairly easy surgery with just a few days of rest. Since your wisdom teeth are at the very back of your mouth it easy for them to become crowded and impacted. When this happens you’ll need to get them removed.
Once the surgery is completed, soft foods are recommended after surgery for the next three to four days. Even though there is a diet restriction, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some of your favorite foods. Here are just a few ideas of what you can still enjoy!
- Smoothies- Smoothies are great breakfast option that allows you to get in some fruits and vegetables into your diet. They are a quick and easy to make and can be changed up to give yourself some options.
- Oatmeal- Oatmeal is soft enough so you do not need to chew much to eat it. It is a great source of fiber that aids in digestion. It also can be prepared savory or sweet, depending on your mood.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is another great protein packed breakfast food. It is also full of good bacteria that helps in keeping your digestion regular, especially when you are taking pain medication.
- Banana- Bananas are a good source of potassium that aids in the healing process. They are also a good treat for when you are craving something sweet!
- Soup- Soups can be blended and heated as a good hearty meal that is filling and still flavorful.
- Protein Shakes- Protein shakes are a quick and easy way to get some protein in your stomach.
- Eggs- Eggs are a great source of protein that allow your body to heal after surgery. Eggs are the perfect savory food that requires minimal chewing and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
With these delicious options, you won’t be missing out. If it is time for your wisdom teeth to be removed, call our office today for a consultation (435) 220-2324.
Leave A Comment