At the Oral and Facial Surgery Institute, we understand that visiting a surgical center can be nerve-wracking, especially for some patients. However, your well-being and comfort are our top priority, and we are committed to ensuring a stress-free visit. When visiting, some coping mechanisms can help reduce any anxious feelings before your appointment with Dr. Davis.
Understanding Dental Anxiety
Dental anxiety is a common concern for many of our patients. Fear of pain, previous negative experiences, and uncertainty can contribute to heightened anxiety levels. Our experienced staff recognizes the significance of these issues and provides the best care for our patients.
Importance of Choosing the Right Surgeon
Choosing the right surgeon plays a crucial role in easing anxiety before your visit. Dr. Davis is extremely knowledgeable in dealing with oral issues and does his best to help you feel comfortable even after your procedure. You can learn more about Dr. Davis and his qualifications here. You can schedule a consultation by contacting our helpful front office staff.
Clean and open communication is essential in reducing anxiety. Our friendly staff will reach out before your appointment, offering a chance to discuss any concerns or questions and remind you of your appointment. Don’t hesitate to ask about the procedure, recovery process, and any other aspects of your visit. If they can’t answer your questions, Dr. Davis can certainly help!
Creating a Comforting Environment
Our office is designed to create a calm and welcoming atmosphere. From our warm reception area to our inviting decor, we aim to make you feel relaxed and comfortable during your time with us. Each of our treatment rooms is equipped with a comfortable chair, calming colors, and a window for a view of the desert landscapes.
We understand that medical jargon can be intimidating. Dr. Davis will explain your procedure in clear and simple language, ensuring you fully understand every step of the process. This transparency is helpful in alleviating anxiety and building trust between you and our helpful staff.
We offer sedation options for patients with severe anxiety to ensure a stress-free experience. Dr. Davis or one of his technicians will discuss available sedation methods during your previsit communication, tailoring the approach to your specific needs.
When experiencing anxiety, there are some practices that you can try to ease any uncomfortable feelings you might have. Consider these methods:
- Deep breathing or meditation: Taking a moment before your treatment can help you ease your mind and relax your body before your treatment or appointment.
- Share your concerns with Dr. Davis. Creating comfortable communication between you and our staff can help promote a more relaxed environment. They are willing to discuss options and your procedure.
- Plan ahead. Schedule your appointment on a day that worlds best for you, preferably when you do not feel rushed and have time to prepare for your visit.
- Watch your food and water consumption. Avoid foods that have a high sugar content or contain caffeine because they can cause you to feel jittery or uneasy.
- Consider additional medication. Dr. Davis will work with you if you are feeling overly anxious. They might offer you sedation like Laughing Gas to help you relax.
At the Oral and Facial Surgery Institute, your comfort and peace of mind are very important to us. Dr. Davis and our entire team are dedicated to creating a calm and stress-free environment for your care. If you’re ready to take the first step toward bettering your oral health, schedule your appointment with Dr. Davis today. We look forward to providing you with exceptional care and support throughout your journey.